Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dreaming about gardening

So for anyone who read yesterdays post. I'll let you know that I bought the ikea gazebo that I loved. Love so doesn't compare to like. If there has been 1 rule that I take very very seriously is to buy what you love. Don't try to talk yourself into something, you either love it, or you don't.

I am so excited to start building. We are going to build the table on Wednesday night, the chairs on Thursday night, and then the gazebo maybe late Saturday?

I'm feeling so inspired by these pictures


I love this grouping and how this paved area feels still outdoorsy

lots of plants

I wish I could come here for the quiet and beauty

garden

wow. Talk about a statement

perfect

I'm in love with the clock or thermometer. But I also love how lush this feels 

garden on the deck

This would be my dream

English country garden

I'll take 2 please 

potted plants

Or this, if I had time and money


Overall I promise my yard will look nothing like these spaces. I hope you wont feel too disappointed. Our yard is actually pretty tiny and awkward, but I hope to make it:

  1. Usable
  2. Enjoyable
  3. Pretty
  4. and usable again, because honestly we haven't used it at all in the two and 1/2 years we've been here
I'll be planting on the 14th and the 15th, so expect an after post soon after that. 

What are you all planting? Do you plant only certain colors so it all looks cohesive? I've only planted 1 year so far, so any tips would be helpful!! I did really well keeping my flowers alive last year, so I am so excited for this year!

8 comments:

  1. these images are just gorgeous! i love the "i promise my yard will look nothing like these". i know it will be great, but i know what you mean! mine will not look like any of those any time soon.... maybe when wehave lived here for 20 years. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling! I love these photos! I'm getting the itch to plant. I love sunflowers and plant them along our white privacy fence, easy! I love red flowers in the beds, they really pop against the green grass. I'm not sure what I'll be planting this year. I always hang ferns on my front porch, that is always pretty and easy. I want some kind of trees in my planters by the front door but need to figure out what can live in shade. Wow, so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These gardens are drool inducing! We've done some yard work, but I'd love to do more soon! We have a lot of landscaping that needs... "freshening up" at the new house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are gorgeous settings! And definitely inspiring. I can't wait to see your yard when y'all finish..

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your inspiration pics are amazing. Love them all!
    I'm not really a true gardener, but when I do plant, I only plant hydrangea bushes. It's my favorite type of flower and one bush is pretty big. So not only do I get a bunch of flowers to "ohh" and "ahh" over, but it takes up a lot of space so I don't have to plant a million plants. I'll take pics once my bushes bloom this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see this all come together! And I'm so glad that you got the gazebo you love. Loving your home and all aspects of your home is so important. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and became you 200th follower.. I love the look so far Cheers Frances

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the second pic with the blue door and the amazing porch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.