Monday, March 5, 2012

I've been tagged...quite a few times


I love all the games on blog land, but I dont always have time to play. I've been tagged my some wonderful people, so I finally had time to answer their questions. They were pretty fun, hope you enjoy.


primitive and proper tagged me with these questions
1. If you could meet any person in American history, who would it be and why?
Marilyn Monroe, I am fascinated by her. I'm not sure this is the kind of history she meant. But whatever.

2. What do you consider to be your greatest talent?
I'm not really talented, but I would say I'm pretty creative

3. If you could go back in time and live in any period, decade, era, where would you land?
pride & prejudice era...I just love any movie like that

4. If you could have unlimited credit at any store, what store would it be?
Target. I shop there all the time. I love that I can also buy clothes for everyone in the family, theres tons of great house stuff,plus make up. Its perfect for me.

5. What is your most prized possession?
I dont think I have one. To me its just pretty stuff. If the house was on fire I would just want to get out my husband, the baby and the dog and I'd be fine.

6. What are you most looking forward to in 2012?
Seeing my daughter getting older. She learns so much so fast, I know its going to be a great year.

7. What is your favorite season and why?
I like spring. I'm not really a hot or cold person. So milder weather with the sun shinning and a light breeze is perfect for me.
8. Do you have any bad habits?
Probably a million. I pick at my nails, I dye my hair far too much, I consistently buy things that don't last.

9. What do you miss most about being a child?
Everything. I loved climbing trees, and going for bike rides and playing with my barbies in the bath. The innocence of childhood is amazing.

10. When you go to the zoo, what is the animal you can't leave without seeing?
The red panda. If you've never seen one, you are totally missing out!

11. If you could rename MY blog, what would you name it?
Eclectic Renovations- I feel like its good for your business stuff, and your house stuff.


I was also tagged by nutmeg and company

  • What is the best thing about blogging?
  • Making friendships and being able to share what you are passionate about
  • What is the best thing you cook?
  • Baked chicken with creamy mashed potatoes with corn and bacon in them
  • What project are you working on in your home right now?
  • My daughters nursery, and I'm really excited about it
  • Which room in your house reflects your style the most?
  • Living room, office, bedroom
  • What makes your house a home?
  • The toys, the dog bed and food on the floor, the stuff that's not pretty that we cant live without
  • What is your favorite fabric?
  • I'm really loving anything right now that's bold, colors have a lot to do with it.
  • Chocolate or Vanilla?
  • If I had to chose I would get the twist and get both
  • What was your childhood nickname?
  • Jenny Wren
  • When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
  • An acctress, or a laywer. I never pursued either.
  • What is your favorite season?
  • Spring
  • How much time in a day do you devote to blogging?
  • Probably an hour a day spent on emailing & visiting blogs and commenting. Then usually on friday I spend a few hours writing my posts for the following week. 


    And then again by black point chic
    1. What's your favorite blog at the moment?

    I love nesting place. The Nester completely inspires me to think differently about myself and my blog and my belongings. I would love for my blog to be like hers one day, but obviously with my spin on it.


    2. If you could spend a day with any celebrity, who would it be and why?
    Martha Stewart- I would love to pick her brain, and visit her homes and her gardens. We have a lot of the same interests, so I think it would be fun.



    3. What's your latest fun purchase?
    I bought a ceramic cream colored owl from home goods, I spray painted it the brightest yellow. Its for my daughters room, it screams fun!

    4. Name 3 things that are in your purse right now.
    Oh god. Diapers and wipes, a bib, some carmex for my lips. Its a mess in there.


    5. Use one word to describe your decorating style.
    Evolving


    6. Your biggest Pet Peeve.
    people who come to your site, like it, make comments but never follow. Having a blog is hard work, sometimes you need the validation that what you do is good enough that someone would want to come back.



    7. What was the last thing you ate (hopefully it'll be something fun I can make myself...I'm starvvvinng and need inspiration)

    I had a coke and pina colada slurpee.


    I will not be tagging anyone else. However if you'd like to be tagged, go ahead and grab some of these great questions and answer them on your own blog, it is pretty fun!


    Have a great day!

    4 comments:

    1. thanks for participating- it was fun to read your answers! i am with you on picking at my nails, and i am trying to do better with buying things that don't last! and i am a mild weather person as well-i don't like really cold but i don't like really hot..... but fall is my fave season!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great answers Jen, it's nice to learn little details about other bloggers. It feels like getting to know someone a little bit better.
      Being tagged DOES take a considerable amount of time though doesn't it !

      ReplyDelete
    3. Opps, sorry if I overwhelmed you! I know how tough it is to parent, take care of the house and blog all at the same time :) I loved reading your answers though.
      2 things...I am tempted to run out to Homegoods and get the owl. It sounds like it came out so well, can't wait to see it in pictures. #2, Martha is just the best, isn't she?!? She used to own a house in Westport, CT and my family owns a beach house in the neighboring town. We used to spend all of our summers there. Anyways, I was so young at the time but my mom and aunt were OBSESSED with Martha, so they would drag all the kids along to stalk her beautiful house. We would do drive bys all the time and try to catch a glimpse of her somewhere. We never did- but she always kept her front door wide open, and we could see right into her house through the screen door. Absolutlely beautiful!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Just wanted you to know that I like your blog so much that I have you on my RSS list - so I get your new posts right in my mailbox :)
      So thank you for your great posts :)
      Blessings from Norway :)

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.