Friday, March 16, 2012

clean 100%

Clean 100% when you clean.

living room display with carpet
BH&G 

Finish what you start. Don't clean the whole house but vaccuum and sweep later. or clean (                    ) later because you are too tired now.

A 100% clean house stays cleaner for longer than an 80% or even 90% clean home.

Do you want to know why? Perception. 

When your home is 100% clean every one walks on eggshells. You put your dishes straight into the dishwasher, your husband even puts his clothes in the hamper instead of on the floor.

Visually we see the cleanliness, the order, the time spent on making it clean and everyone does a little bit more out of respect for the cleaner and for trying to preserve it.

When we see little messes around the house, subconsciously we don't feel the need to go that extra step of putting away our dishes, we know we can get to it later. 

So when you clean take the time to do it all, and watch how your family reacts. Try cleaning only 80% next time, see how everyone reacts then. I can't be sure that this will work in every household, I'm not a scientist or anything, but that's how things work around here, and somehow it still surprises me. 

I hope you all have a Fabulous Weekend!

-Jen

4 comments:

  1. You are right when you do a little cleaning here and a little there, it seems like the house is never really clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right! Next time I clean I'll definitely be doing 100%. It might take me a little longer the 1st time around, but it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it surprises me too! I can have a 100% clean home(I am somewhat of a neat freak)and my husband will still set his cup in the sink or beside. My children will still not put their cups in the dishwasher or clean up their lunch kits, unless I tell them too. How do you do it???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others. I notice that the degree of tidiness and clean I achieve in my home is directly related to the amount of organization/chaos in my personal life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.