Here are the facts:
- We live in a 120 year old Victorian home
- The upstairs has all hardwoods under the carpet
- These hardwood floors whisper to me late at night that they are beautiful and lonely and need to be exposed
- We made the mistake of putting down cheap carpet 2 years ago, and now its horrible and I scream everyday about how I hate it, and how its ruined several vacuums and how its trying to ruin my life. (slight exaggeration)
- The hardwoods will probably need some wo$rk if we want to have them
- New carpet can get pretty expen$ive too. Especially now that we know cheap carpet really stinks.
My husbands defense:
He thinks all bedrooms should be carpeted. He doesn't want to walk in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and have cold feet. His whole argument is based around how his feet feel when they first get up. He thinks we should just replace the carpet, and even called empire to come out ( We had to cancel for a dr's appointment, but now they call every night like an x boyfriend who just wont give up.)
My husband never gets up in the middle of the night, but I do, and I don't mind cold feet. Our carpet is ugly, and hardwoods are beautiful. If you have hardwoods that you show them. We can get area rugs so when our feet touch the ground they go the rug instead of the wood ( in this imaginary scenario where my husband uses the bathroom at night)
Here's a picture before we moved in.
And here's so pictures of the carpet
Alright ladies- Its your turn, give me your wisdom, your opinions your amazing a ha moments that will make my husband come around! He's one of those super easy going, nothing ever bothers him kind of guys. But he hates hardwood floors in the bedroom, I've never seen him so passionate about an issue. I need help!