Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Nursery Details

Thank you everyone for your sweet words on Friday about my daughters nursery makeover. We are so happy with it, and the whole feeling the room has now.

So today I'm going to go over all the details in case you liked something, and wanted to know the source.

The changing pad was $20 and is from Babies R Us. We had a gift card, so it was free. The little fur rugs are from Ikea and are $10 each. My daughters favorite thing is stuffed animals, so she lays down on these and gives them hugs, its sort of adorable.


First little canvas- used arcylic paint mix of black and white, and then drew on it with chalk $0. Fish frame Ikea $10. White canvas I had already bought a 48 pack of crayons (from $ store) and used a hairdryer to melt $1. Flower painting- Already had $0. You are my sunshine $1 target $1-$2.50 bins a couple of months back. Grey Canvas- I already had the canvas, I just painted it and got pom poms from the $1 store. $1
Total= $13 gallery wall

The sheets are from Babies R Us. They were $20 but I had a gc, so they were free. And the bumpers are Carters on Amazon and were $33

This shelf is from Ikea, naturally. It's $20 and 73 inches long, I"m kind of in love. The little lamp on the shelf I had from a garage sale a couple of years ago. The standing lamp is also from Ikea.

The owl pillow/stuffed animal was $20 from Pier One. The pom poms are sold 3 in a pack at Party City for $7 each. I'm sure its really easy to make them yourself, but for me it was easier to buy them and just unfold and fluff and be done with it.

This painting I absolutely LOVE! The colors, the shapes, the way it looks like it was drawn out first. Originally this was at world market for $125 and I really liked it there. I bought this from Home Goods with an incorrect ticket. The real price was $60, but they honored the $24.99 that was on the ticket. Hello and goodbye...mama got a deal. Sorry. I got really excited. The owl is also from home goods and was $9 on clearance, and I spray painted him Krylon sun yellow. The gold apple is from Pier One and was $3.

This birdcage we already had, and I just filled with some vintage books. The little gold bird was $1.69 at Christmas tree shops years ago.

This mirror I actually stole out of the office, I felt like this dresser needed something tall. And I always love mirrors. The birdcage I already owned, and filled with some moss rocks I had. The little bird bath I already had too, and I filled it with my daughters bows.

That corner light is the foto light from Ikea. Its the exact same thing that I have in my office. It is really perfect for our pre-bedtime diaper change, the light is soft and dim because we have the antique bulb in it. We also already had it, so it was a nice way of adding light for free. The big grey and white rug is herringbone and from Urban Outfitters. It was $77.


These picture frame wall shelfs are also from ikea. They are $15 each, but they are perfect for books, and really added so much pretty and function to a wall that basically would get no attention otherwise.

The 3 canvases I had, but just painted. Both picture frames are from ikea and are $5 each. One has a map of Scotland in it because thats where I was born and most of my family live, and the other has a really simple 1-20 written in crayons. I'm loving the driftwood heart which I found at Home goods for $15. The little bird hook was bought in a super cute antique store at the beach. Total = $15


Book Shelves & Gallery Wall = $45



And that's it. If I didn't mention where something was from it's because I forget or I know for sure it's too old and it wont be there anymore.


Have a fabulous day!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good deal! Well done Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i still love it, and even more knowing the budget! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen! I just love this space so much!! Gotta love a good deal, too!
    xo Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great room and great budget!
    Fantastic job Jen!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. You achieved so much on very little and btw love the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous room! This looks great, Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.