Tuesday, December 27, 2011

DIY Boot Tray

I'm not sure if you've seen this great DIY project before?

               



                      


I wanted to make my own version last year...but I had a lot going on, so I just skipped it. Then I found this for $1 at Target, in that little section of discount items at the front of the store.


I spray painted it silver


And then I filled the tray with white stones I had in my collection. Since I didn't have enough, I added some of my white sea shells.



I love sea shells all year round, so I don't mind that I'll be putting big snowy wet boots on them



And I live in NY and it gets cold, I hope the sea shells will make me smile in the middle of a freezing winter




Then I added my dirty rain boots



And put it out in the mudroom to see how it looks




I think this would look great with a bright colored tray, and some beautiful colored rocks, maybe even sea glass, but since my mudroom has so much going on color wise, I decided to keep it pretty neutral.
 
                      

If you'd like to see more on my mudroom makeover you can see that here

This project only cost me $1. Everything else I had on hand which is pretty awesome! Do you have any projects out there that you are super proud of that were on the cheap? If so put in the comments a link to it, and I'll go check it out!

I'm linking up at Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays and Not just a housewife...wont you join me there?





Beyond The Picket Fence

button



If you like what you've seen, I'd love you to become a follower! Thanks

19 comments:

  1. Great idea. Love the shells and I'm off to check out the rest of your mudroom as it looks amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I shall get a new house, with a mudroom so I can make this! That is so awesome! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Blog Stalking Thursday, I have featured you! Don't forget to grab a featured button and wear it proudly, you deserve it! http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-stalking-thgursday-22.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.