Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Slipcover & Pillow Party

This is my living room a couple of months ago, without my new rug, without my christmas decorations, and minus a chair and with some extra side tables. I'm a mover and a shaker, and things dont stay the same for very long around here


Now


I have 2 white slipcovered chairs and 1 white slipcovered sofa, and 1 off white/tanish slipcovered sofa.


I like to spot treat any little stains, turn over pillows and wash as little as possible. Yesterday it was time to wash them though


So I stripped all my chairs and sofas down, and even took the covers off the throw pillows


My daughter "helped"



I kept yelling "pillow party" and she was diving into the pillows and biting and laughing. To see the world through a childs eyes is a great gift


And I took the extra 3 minutes to clean under the chairs. Books, toys, and dust bunnies love to live here


Have I told you yet that Macaroni is a mountain climber? Thats what we like to say because he loves to climb on the backs of the couches, and hes so athletic, he runs like a bunny



And then he found a good place to lay down


On a serious note, I love slipcovered furniture. With a baby and dog and me being extremely clumsy I love that I can just throw it all in the wash. Its better to wash the whole piece together, because otherwise I find that it'll look different colors. And the real reason I love it so much I guess is because I dont want to be hovering over my family or guests. If something spills, it spills. I choose to enjoy our home and worry less.

4 comments:

  1. We have covers on our sofa too, which is great, what with having a dog and too many takeaway's on the sofa instead of at the table. What's more, my old geezer puts them in the wash !!! It's one of the few chores he actually does without prompting !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had the best help there is! I love your slipcovers. Everything looks fresh and neat.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This room is GORGEOUS! I love the window seat and bookshelves....def bookmarking this. What paint color are your walls? It looks so cozy and inviting.
    PS your daughter is such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. @ Ashley the living room color is behr brown teepee, thanks for asking. We get a lot of compliments on it when people visit. It's great against the white of molding, but it's super neutral and cozy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.