Friday, February 10, 2012

Every room needs a showstopper

So if you've been following along so far, I'm in the process of redoing my office.

I started with painting it white with grey on the bottom to make it feel really light and airy


Then I painted this desk to really add in some color and fun. I love how neutral walls allow for this.


Well as you know I wanted to paint stripes...but it just wasn't going to happen with these old uneven walls. And then I found this rug, and I thought it was just perfect for adding a wow factor to the room


The mirror in this picture is still holding down the edges.

And then my husband added a couple of shelves. They are Lack Ikea shelves. I originally wanted white, when I was planning to do the white & grey stripes. But the white shelves are out of stock across the US in this size. (wow crazy right?) Anyway, then when I painted the wall just white, the glossy grey made more sense.


Its not decorated up there yet. I'm thinking it would be really pretty with globes all the way across.


I have a big ole crush on chevron. And the black and white is just dreamy


Here's a close up of the shelves. I need to go pull out all my accessories and get to playing


The mirror on the desk is so I can do my hair and make up there, and so far I really like doing it there


So far I keep my computer here and its a nice place to write with the light coming in from the window. I cant wait to decorate this area either. Check out my trash can that doesn't match at all. That trashcan and I have plans, don't worry.


So thats it so far. Hope you like it. I really like the way its coming together so far, I think the room has oodles of personality.

LACK Wall shelf, high gloss gray Length: 43 1/4 " Depth: 10 1/4 " Thickness: 2 "  Length: 110 cm Depth: 26 cm Thickness: 5 cm



I bought my rug from Wayfair it was 5'3x7'9 for $77 ($77 good deal right?)
They currently don't have it anymore
Milliken Black and White Vibe Techno Black Contemporary Rug - 536831-0005-201

However this rug in almost the same size is $199 with free shipping

West Elm Rug
Which is $250


They also have this one at Urban Outfitters. Its only $74, it comes in beautiful colors, its just a mat instead of a rug
Urban Outfitters 

20 comments:

  1. i love that rug and the shelf! i need to get some shelves for our bathroom and i may get those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really coming together! Really like the glossy gray shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so nice! Love the shelves, the rug and the desks, especially that green chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shelves and the rug! Maybe it was the addition of the rug? But for some reason the space seems way smaller now, maybe it's the two desks across from each other. It's still a really cute space, it just seems more cramped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room is looking great Jen - I REALLY like the pale grey on the bottom half, it looks so sophisticated. I'm thinking about grey for my hall and a couple of pieces of furniture. Love the rug too - I can see why you went for it !
    Looking forward to seeing it once you've played a bit more xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, this room keeps getting better and better! Love the rug and the shelves!
    Fantastic!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. The room is coming along nicely! Can't wait to see the finished product! Hope you'll stop by Picked by Jane when you have a chance and follow with the new Linky Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good so far. I'm sooo crushing on chevron too so nice job on the good buy. Can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  9. where did you get that wow rug?! I have never seen anything like that! it is a wow!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you've done. The shelves are great! I have been scoping this chevron rug-it's super cheap! Like $100 for 8x10!
    http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-chevron/ivory/200OWCHV01-71001010.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got the same rug for my office!! I got mine for $89 on Overstock.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a follower from the Linky Follower Blog hop! I followed with GFC because I don't see linky on your blog. I hope you'll follow me back!
    http://dreesthings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so great! I just purchased a brown, round chevron rug a month ago for our master bedroom and I love it. Chevron is just so classic and great, isn't it? : ) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks sooooo good Jen! I love the carpet and shelves the best, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting from the Linky Followers Blog hop. Now Following your cute blog...would love for you to follow back:>

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found you via the link hop! I'm your newest follower and I hope you will follow back!

    Cute blog! I'm excited to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This room looks great! I love the rug and the blue desk with the teal chair. I found you at the LF Party Hop and am your newest follower. If you get a chance you should come and stop by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. In LOVE with this room! The rug is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Room looks great!! qucik question, what's the name of the font you use for your blog? Love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.