Friday, January 13, 2012

Be Braver and Take More Risks

Take a risk on an old chair


Paint it up, and use a fabric that is a little bolder than you are comfortable with



If you love something, find an unusual way to display it


I love big bold graphics letters.


So I decided to make my own art, I wondered if it was silly, or crazy? Maybe this isn't your taste, but it was a risk for me that has totally paid off. 


 I wanted to add a little whimsy to my Christmas decor...why not use a stick and some ornaments



Take an old beat up garage tool storage unit, clean it, paint it, and use it for your linens and toiletries. Dont have a new paint to use? Do what I did and just mix a few.


Why cant you make your own art, even if its cheap and easy?


It only matters if you think its beautiful


Make your space your own.


Buy oops paint, it could turn out great


 Pick up someones trash, even if you have no place to put it


And because it was free...be braver and take a risk and do something totally different



Hot glue some curtains together, even brag about how you cant sew but that didnt stop you from making your own custom curtains


Try something different, even if you aren't sure about it


Then try something different again. Because trial and error totally works in home design.



Be brave...take risks, make your home your own.


Thanks for visiting. I'm looking for brave new followers, I hope you'll join in on the fun.

Have you seen my giveaway?


Go here to enter






15 comments:

  1. Love seeing your projects. :) You have good taste and creativity to spare.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all. I didn't know you did the letter art, it's great. I would dearly love to own that chair, and amazed at your no sew curtains.
    Always enjoy pictures of your lovely home and inspirational words - thanks
    Fiona xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, sometimes you just have to jump in and give it a try. Love the letter graphics pieces. You did a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your attitude and all your wonderful projects! I'm following along. Looking forward to seeing what 2012 brings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and I love it! We just got a little Yorkie for Christmas, saw yours in the photo, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the risks you've taken! Way to stay true to what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you really are talented! I especially love the stenciled letters...I will def be trying that soon. Your chevron painted nightstand is so cute, love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I love all your wonderful and beautiful ideas!!!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great and goes right along with my creativity post--thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All great ideas. Perfect for a new DIYer like myself. You've got yourself a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so inspired by your wonderful ideas here I'll be sure to try some. So nice to meet you just found your beautiful blog over at Knick of Time link and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I'm now following you, wonderful to meet new friends. Hope you find a spare minute to visit me sometime follow back if you like. I’m looking forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your projects!!! So glad I found you through the impossibilities challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.